Start Your Day Off Right
Setting aside time with Jesus is imperative to having an active and vibrant relationship with God. Jesus says in John 15, “if you remain in me, and I in you, you will bear much fruit.” In order to have lives that reflect and glorify God, we need to build our knowledge of the Word and practice listening for God’s voice. Devotional time gives us the space to quite our busy lives, and spend time with our Savior.
Here's how we do Devos at Thrive:
1. Getting Started | Grab a journal or notepad and write down the date and the scripture you're reading. This is helpful in the future, as you return to reflect on what God has been teaching you.
2. Get Reading! | We recommend finding a quiet space where you can focus and reflect on what you're reading. Read the passage two or three times until you feel like you've grasped the general meaning of the scripture.
3. Key Thought | In one sentence, sum up the passage in your own words. Try to capture the key thought in a way that someone who has never read the passage could understand.
4. Reflect | Consider the following questions and write down your response:
What does this passage teach me about God?
What does this passage teach me about people?
How is God leading me to respond?
5. Pray | The most important part of a Devo is taking time to meet with God. Spend time asking God how He is leading you to follow through on what you've read.
Check back later for some updated devotionals!